Cube Storage Cabinet Project

I finished this a while back but did not get around to posting photos until today. I was waiting because the room this piece is in needs to be repainted. I don’t think I will get around to doing this for a while so here are a few quick shots. I may put up better ones later.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The goal of this project was to modify an existing unit Jen had bought a few years ago from Ikea and make it hide a lot of clutter and fit our decor better. I made the colored doors and bins to fit the existing openings and painted them to match the colors we are using in our living room/dining room area. Jen uses the dining room for sewing and I wanted a place to hide all the notions and whatnot when she was not using them.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here you see one of doors open. I used the same pivot hinges I used on my danish modern wall system. This project also called for inset doors and I like these hinges.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The top row of doors has these cork bulletin boards recessed into them.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The bottom row are actually bins. I wanted them to look the same as the doors when they were closed. I really like the shape of the handle opening.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,


Leave a Reply